Cuths freshers distraught after their Christmas trees are stolen

Things are turning frosty on the Bailey

A bitter turn of events has developed between freshers in Cuths over Christmas trees today.

Bereft revellers have campaigned across social media for the safe return a group of housemates’ trees.

The majestic tree in question

A group of Cuths freshers were left less than jolly after their beloved tree was snatched from their hearth Monday night before the clock even struck midnight, shocking housemates looking for Christmas cheer after a long library session.

With only a few pine needles and some baubles to remember her by, the residents have been desperately campaigning for the trees safe return into their lives once more, but so far no good will has come to these less than merry men.

One dispirited house member said: “It’s a genuine Norway spruce and it really set a festive and charitable tone around House 26 and all it’s occupants. We all decorated it together and we had a lovely time putting it up and getting in the Christmas spirit.”

Since making their plight known on Facebook, support has been flooding in, with #bringbackourtree and #jesuislarbre (that’s tree in French) surely soon to be trending worldwide.

It’s all they want for Christmas

Krish Hook (who made his house’s plight first known on the Overheard facebook page) shockingly suspects foul play and even premeditated theft. He said: “The door was left on the latch, so it could be someone who was at pres who made sure the door couldn’t close on purpose.”

This story of love and loss has touched the hearts of many, and The Tab can exclusively reveal a further development in this wintry tale.

Members of House 26 (clearly suffering from empty nest syndrome) were seen stealing a tree from nearby House 8, which was lovingly decorated with festive homemade star decorations  and real candy canes. As of yet The Tab is unsure whether House 8’s tree was taken to set an example to the real culprit or if the original thief lives there. Are House 8 living with a Grinch in their midst?

Where the second tree was snatched from

House 8’s tree’s chief decorator Adèle Rowlands said: “We move that tree into someone’s room every night so people won’t knock it over – it’s like our house child.

“The House 8 Christmas vision took days to perfect and now without the tree the aesthetic is totally off.”

Completing the Xmas ambience

Luckily, this part of the story has a happy ending. House 8 members are currently in peace talks with House 26 and thankfully we can confirm that safe passage of this tree back to it’s home has been granted, and all allegations against House 8 for theft of the original tree will be dropped.

Cuths freshers will now join together to make sure Christmas cheer is brought back to all this festive season, as we hope for the trees safe and swift return.

‘We were just keeping it safe’

With summative stress, floods and wintery weather setting in, let’s hope these friends can keep the Christmas spirit alive in the absence of their 22nd housemate.