Street style: Durham’s best dressed this week

Did you make the cut?

Ben, third year, Hild Bede, Modern Languages

Ben’s daring look of the bright red shirt layered under the faux military jacket is a risky choice, but we think he pulls it off, tying the clashing colours together with the red backpack straps. He accessorises well with a beanie by his own brand, Apex. Sassy style all round.

Sophie, second year, Mary’s, English

We are crushing on Sophies’ mums vintage fur trimmed jacket from Debenhams a few years back, sharing is caring. She pairs it well with simple black skinnies and chelseas and a grey jumper to highlight the jacket as the statement piece.

Matt, fresher, Grey, Economics

Matt pulls off an effortlessly classic look with his simple ensemble of denim jeans and parker. He adds a bit of flair with the shoes, balancing his wintery blues outfit with a pop of colour.

Freya and Iona, freshers, Collingwood and Hild Bede, Geography and Anthropology

Iona revolutionises the Durham essential ski jacket by whipping this psychedelic patterned beauty out the wardrobe. Freya with her more conservative look of greys and blues looks equally stylish donning the must have dogtooth scarf and grey suede trainers. This pair have definitely prepared for winter in style.

Moli, third year, Mary’s, History

Moli’s looking super snug in her sheepskin coat. Keeping it simple with white trainers and beige cut off jeans, we love the way she has blended these muted tones.

Sean, fresher, Hatfield, Maths and Physics

Sean’s jacket was a good find from TK Maxx. He’s ripped it in two places from walking into things when drunk. Keeping practical for the recent wet weather with black chunky shoes, he brightens up the look with some blue denim rolled up jeans, channeling a vintage vibe.