How often do you really go out?

Not very often, apparently

How much you go out and have a good night may be the focal point of conversation, but do we actually go out that much?

Emma Parker, fresher, Archaeology and Anthropology

“I haven’t made it to a club since Freshers’. After the pres in the college bar, bed just seems too tempting, so I skip the dodgy night in Klute and often head straight to Urban Oven.”

Sam Wilson, fresher, Maths

IMG_4230“That’s a difficult question: at least three (or two?) times a week, but it’s becoming less and less…”

David Cotter, third year, Music

“How often do I ‘really’ go out? Well, that word sounds a tad ominous! Sadly only about once a month. I find the more one tries to plan a ‘big’ night, then the more likely it is to fall beneath expectation.

“I find the best nights usually start with whisky and jazz with just a few friends, then onto a house party…Fabios…Klute…the obligatory 3 a.m. Urban Oven…somewhere you’ve never been before…and back to bed just when the sun is starting to rise…”

Minami Orikasa, fresher, Combined Honour in Arts

“But really though, I barely go out.”

Ben Chennells, fresher, English Literature

“I go out on average probably once a week… maybe not if I have a lot of work to do or am away from college or it could be more if everything is more relaxed. It’s more than I used to just because I live a lot closer to people I can go out with and that’s probably how it’ll stay.”

Daniel Richardson, fresher, Combined Honours in Arts

“Probably about twice a week, but I tend to regret at least one of them..”

Will Dowd, second year, Maths

“I go out on socials like assassins but apart from that I don’t really go out to clubs. I find it really antisocial being in a club because it’s too loud.”

Miguel Barroso Gil, second year, Biological Sciences

“Depends. Two, three days in the week?”

Durham University

The Tab Durham

last seen today at 12:01

Get breaking Durham news straight to your WhatsApp

Find out which sports team’s getting banned next, who’s looking fire at the fashion show, and some gentle Hatfield rinsing. Straight into your DMs. 😘