Durham rises AGAIN to 70th in World Rankings

Didn’t we do well?

Durham is officially getting better and better, rising a massive 13 places in the Times Higher Education World University Ranking 2015-16.

The new success puts us 70th in the world and is based on teaching, research, citations, international outlook and industry income. We’re excelling at teaching and research where Durham is a world leader, with citations and international outlooking growing.

It follows on from the acclaimed QS World Ranking which placed Durham as the 61st place in the world – our best ever result.

Depressingly Doxbridge might not materialise, but we’re now ranked as the 10th highest UK uni in the world, while the Sunday Times places us as the 5th highest in the UK.

Our Vice-Chancellor Professor Stuart Corbridge said: “Durham is a global university, recognised by both students and academics for its excellence in teaching and research.

“The significant rises we have made in the THE and the QS world rankings reflect the strength of Durham’s position globally and highlight the world class experience on offer at the University.

“These rankings are a credit to everyone at the University in helping us to achieve these outstanding results.”

While every Durham student knows that we’re world leaders its nice to be recognised.

Phil Baty, Editor of the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, claimed: “The results are trusted by students and their families, academics, university leaders and governments.

“For Durham University to make 70 in the world is an outstanding achievement to be celebrated.”

Trebles all round in Klute?