New laws will make it easier to delete cringe FB posts from your teens

WKD vibes

You should be allowed to delete dodgy internet history from when you’re under-18, a top Tory has said.

A minister wants to make it easier to ban your park bench WKD snaps from the internet forever.

Grad scheme hopefuls would be able either edit old posts or ask sites likes Facebook and Twitter to take them down.

The proposals, endorsed by ministers, call for the right to delete your embarrassing pictures and cringe rants from Facebook and Twitter.

In the UK, websites will face pressure to let users edit or delete content they made, so under-age surfers will be able to ask for cringe photos to be taken down.

Tory Peer Shields wants to protect your mistakes

Data hungry sites will also be urged to introduce expiry dates for data relating to kiddies – or just not be so bloody nosey in the first place.

Baroness Joanna Shields, a Parliamentary Under-Secretary in the Department for Culture, Media, and Sport, and ex-Facebook boss said: “iRights gives a unique insight into how government can join with technology companies, civil society and business to make a better digital world for young people.”

So called iRights will have surged following the righteous European Parliament’s right to erasure, which is due to come into play within three years.

Nicola Sturgeon, Scotland’s first minister, has also embraced the campaign. She said: “We believe that every child and young person has the right to grow up in a safe environment – that principle applied to the virtual world too.”

The announcement comes after a string of teens lost their jobs for messages they posted when they were younger. The UK youth police appointed a 17-year-old police and crime commissioner, but Paris Brown had to resign after boasts about sex, drugs and drinking made when she was just 14.

This will come as a relief for embryonic SNP MP Mhairi Black, who correctly tweeted “Maths is shite”, and told the nuns to “get tae fuck” when she was just a wee child.