How private school is your college?

Surprise surprise

Did you know: Durham has a rather high percentage of private school students present in its glamorous ranks?

The college system has been said to privilege certain students and is accused of granting higher rates of access to those from wealthier backgrounds.

The infamous Hill/Bailey divide stems from the assumption Bailey is full of private schoolkids whose great, great, great grandfather brought the mahogany bookcase decorating their luxurious drawing room, while the ancestors of those resigned to the Hill merely built it.

While snooty Hatfield is clearly the most private school college at 50 per cent, it is closely followed by Hild Bede and Collingwood.

JoBo has the most non-private school members at 27 per cent, living up to its reputation as the state school college.

St Chad’s and Van Mildert also have fairly high numbers of state schoolers, and University College has an impressive 39 per cent considering its aristocratic associations.

While a shocking 36.5 per cent of all students went to an independent school just seven per cent of the nation did. Durham has a rep for a reason.

Check out your colleges below.