Justice for Econ: We’re probably 7th best for Economics in the country, not 23rd

Business school Dean gets on phone to chaps from rankings

Poor results in Economics league tables are due to “an error in compiling the data”, the Dean of the Business School has claimed.

A sheepish email sent to students indicated “rather than the published ranking, the correct ranking of Durham is likely to be 7th.”

This would be a two place climb from last year’s results. Hurrah.

‘The correct ranking of Durham is likely to be 7th’

The email in full: 

“Dear Student,

It has been brought to our attention that an inaccurate ranking of Economics at Durham University has been published in the most recent Complete University Guide.

“The inaccuracy is the result of an error in compiling the data used to generate the overall score. 

“Preliminary estimations indicate that, rather than the published ranking, the correct ranking of Durham is likely to be 7th

“Please note that this is provisional until precise calculations have been completed and confirmed.”

This comes after The Tab reported “a market crash in Economics” due to missing research quality results.

We were even beaten by Heriot-Watt

Fortunately Durham destroyed Oxford in the league tables this year, proving once and for all, we didn’t want to go there anyway.

Faith Bryer-Ash, a PPE second year said: “Absolutely losing it over email from the Dean of the Business School. Drama.

“I’m finding this all rather hilarious.

“Thank God it’s only one-third of my degree”