Durham’s most eligible bachelor: George Essex

The first in our series of bachelors is Geography student George, a fresher at Hild Bede

unnamed (1)

George Essex

George Essex descends from an esteemed family, with the family name allegedly dating back to the second Earl of Essex. He hails from the yummy mummy haven of Chiswick in West London and attended St Paul’s where he discovered his passion for Education Studies and Geography, which coincidentally is what he’s in his first year studying at Durham.

It’s safe to say that he has a lot of free time.

A real softie at heart, George says that his most prized possession is his family’s dog. However, when he’s not cuddling at home he likes to be deleting pints and bawling mediocre festive tunes on the dance floor, with the Loveshack Christmas Party being the highlight of this year’s social calendar for him.

If you want to be George’s girl you’re going to have to make sure that you have strong chat, an easy going personality and are fun to hang out with. What’s more, you must not be the kind of girl who ends up friendzoning guys. Because no one likes that, and really you’re just being a bit of a bitch aren’t you? Although we can’t imagine that George has ever had any trouble in that department.

His favourite holiday destination is Australia, a truly special place full of some really loose blokes, people he has a real affinity with. Don’t worry though, he’s not all about the lad culture, as his favourite drink is a mojito, although this will be swiftly changed to a pint of lager if anyone from the rugby club is asking. And you know the rugby club, they do like to ask.

George has little hope for his future career based on his degree choice and the number of films he’s watched this year, but that doesn’t mean he’s negative about the future. When asked what he hoped to be remembered for wowed with his aspiration saying, ‘I want to be remembered for making a difference. Oh and I also want to be remembered for this article. Definitely.’