This French New Wave-inspired short film will change the way you think about conflict forever

‘Does he even know him?’, people in the video ask

An inspiring new film of a sozzled Durham Union Society bigwig slapping his friend and then passing out in Paddy’s Pizza has emerged.

The legendary drunken food hangout is often the site of moments many would rather forget.

It makes you question why we fight…

The ex-Durham Union Society President playfully slaps his friend before passing out in his crotch.

The tender moment was caught on film at the end of last term but has only just been revealed.

This BNOC was well known for his sober talks but not for his drunken actions: how times have changed!

Now a post-grad, the napper is still a prominent member of the Union Society – but this video allows a warming look into life out of black tie.

Tab art critic Matt McDonald described the clip as “moving”.

“Much like the delicate interplay between Brigitte Bardot and Michel Piccoli in the opening scenes of Jean-Luc Godard’s seminal 1963 film Le Mépris, the juxtaposition between the ferocity of the clip’s beginning and the tranquility of its climax is touching to say the least.

“Who hasn’t used a kebab box for a pillow?”