What’s Hot: Week 7

We bring you everything that’s going on around the uni this week – plus cannons.

More Fashion Shows

Cuth’s and Butler on Wednesday and Friday. Butler’s even boasts an exclusive after party at Wiff Waff, if that’s not special we don’t know what is – apparently they’ll even be ‘cock pong’, whatever that is.

DSU Elections

Exercise your democratic right by voting for different positions, the details of which you don’t have a clue about. Popular candidates include that guy who did it last year and that other guy.

NOVA

NOVA’s back on Friday, this time featuring music from of Oceaán ‘a fresh local talent, straight out of the Castle’. Tickets are a fiver on the door, so head down to Loft to see in the weekend.

Theatre

On Thursday, Friday and Saturday ACT (the most laboured acronym since S.H.I.E.L.D) are performing Alan Ayckbourn’s Bedroom Farce in the Assembly Rooms. Tickets are £5 for DST members for what promises to be a hilarious evening. If comedy doesn’t tickle your fancy then this weekend Castle Theatre Company are putting on Mary Shelley’s Frankenstein in the Great Hall. Bit darker, bit more gothic.

Durham University Orchestral Society Epiphany Concert

The Symphony and Chamber Orchestras, conducted by Harry Castle and Alexander Robertson respectively, will be performing their Epiphany Concert in Elvet Methodist Church on March 8th – tickets are £4 for DUMS members. There will even be Tchaikovsky’s 1812 complete with cannon.