Style Diary: Charlie

We bring you the second of our photo diaries of Durham’s most stylish students…

clothes fashion outfits style styleguide

Charlie is a fresher at Hild Bede who studies French and History, and in her spare time cheerleads and plays football.  Charlie is a keen fashion enthusiast who is lucky enough to live in one of the fashion capitals of the world, London, and we got the chance to have a sneak peek into her stylish wardrobe.

Monday

Today we caught Charlie sauntering in style for lunch with some friends. Taking the tartan trend and what she calls her ‘preppy’ style, Charlie wears a chic 60s inspired Zara sleeveless shift dress with a contrasting collar and bunting necklace for a statement look. Teamed with a Cambridge satchel, Sparkle & Fade fur coat and New Look ankle boots, she is set to go out looking cute and classy.

Tuesday

Prepped for Klute, Charlie shows off her love of tartan again with her monochrome American Apparel skater skirt. She adds character to her American Apparel crop top with a textured Topshop chain. Her bright bold clutch stylishly contrasts her outfit and makes sure she can be spotted on a night out! The black crop top is definitely a good choice, Charlie, bye bye beer stains!

Wednesday

Charlie gets into the fresher’s spirit with another outfit for going out, although this time it’s for Lloydshack. Charlie pairs green skorts from River Island with a bargain white striped top from H&M. We particularly love the Vogue-print clutch paired with her chunky gold chain. Considering the winds and classic Durham weather, it was a wise move to wear a contrasting black and white coat from M&S with her fur stool for added chic. (Yep, M&S got stylish.)

Thursday

Today we captured Charlie in a comfy and casual outfit for her day of lectures and seminars. She wears a Topshop jumper and Topshop tartan leggings. Her choice of footwear is practical, as Converse are the coziest of shoes. Her navy blue and brown Longchamp bag is perfect for a day at uni, ready to carry back all of those books!

Friday

Formal time! Every girl needs their Little Black Dress and here we have Charlie wearing a classy low v-neck black dress from Lipsy paired with black flatform heels from Office. Take note girls, these shoes are a perfect combination, high but unbelievably comfy! Charlie’s gold glitter Topshop bag adds that little bit of sparkle and altogether this is a perfectly simple but sleek formal attire.

The Weekend

Charlie wears a Gatsby inspired outfit with a modern twist. It’s perfect for Charlie’s bar crawl and she keeps it casual with Topshop black leggings. Charlie teams the sheer 1920s inspired top with a turquoise Gilly Hicks lace bralet and a statement Ted Baker monochrome bag for added glamour.

Thanks Charlie for sharing your wardrobe with us and keep on strutting the streets of Durham in style!