DULTC do the double

DULTC’s men and women have won the Northern Prem, meaning we’ve got a double on our hands. The scenes on-court are simply sensational.

bucs double DULTC durham premier tennis

DULTC have amassed more BUCS points for Durham than any other sport this season, and are ready to take on the rest of the country after trouncing old rivals, Stirling.

Delightful.

The match, played in Durham, saw all the men’s singles first team smash their Scottish counterparts.  The doubles unfortunately lost, but that could do nothing to dampen the mood after beating the reigning champions, who ‘haven’t lost a match in god knows how long’, as one player remarked.

Durham’s Tennis team are currently sitting pretty, right at the top of the BUCS Northern Prem.

Dominating as per.

In fact, they’ve won it!

It’s the first time the men have won the competition, equalling the ladies’ achievement, meaning they’ve secured the double – fantastic.

We do love a good action shot.

The season’s not over, however, as, in three weeks’ time, DULTC advance to the championship, in which they’ve been handed a favourable draw due to their dominance in the Northern Premiership.

The girls…

They’re looking to reach the final, where the Palatinates will probably need to see off either Bath or Stirling, both tennis powerhouses, if they’re to complete the trophy cabinet.

…and the boys.

We’ve also been smashing the individual competitions, with Izzy Hearnshaw proving to be a star player.

The fresher has already qualified for the national finals, having lost only one game in three matches during qualifying.

That’s 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0, 6-0….6-1.

Evidently struggling to come to terms with dropping a game.

For the men, 3rd year veteran, Jonny Binding, is the one to watch.

Binding celebrating yet another win. Photo: courtesy of Team Durham

They’re one of our most successful clubs, and it looks like this will be one of their most successful seasons in history.  Big things are coming.

Follow the action at @DULTC