Vote Now: Best Christmas Film Of All Time

Conrad Jarman gives you the short list of the best films to get you in the festive mood

Without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best things about the festive period is the Christmas films. But which one is the best, I hear you cry?

Here at The Tab we can’t decide, so it’s up to you to vote for your favourite Christmas film and try and make it your Christmas number one!

Love Actually

Richy C at his best

Liam Neeson’s voice, Hugh Grant’s dancing, Rowan Atkinson’s awkwardness and a lobster in a nativity make for a movie that should push for the top spot. But is love actually all around for this film?

Home Alone

Great naturalistic acting

A holiday classic featuring Macaulay Culkin before he became weird and formed a Pizza-themed Velvet Underground cover band. The aftershave scene is surely amongst the most memorable moments, along with bed jumping and burgler bashing galore. Be warned though, there’s lots of screaming!

Die Hard

Bit of a rogue choice?

One for all you Bruce Willis fans out there. To set the scene: a Christmas party is taken over by terrorists lead by Alan Rickman, then in steps John McClane. Yippee Ki Yay.

Jingle All The Way

They photoshopped out the hat

Arnold Schwarzenegger in a Christmas film, need I say more? Best moment: Put that cookie down!

Miracle on 34th Street

Before the heady days of ‘Matilda’

Featuring Mara Wilson of ‘Matilda’ fame, this has to be one of the best feel-good films around.  Most touching moment: Kris Kringle signing to a young deaf girl

How the Grinch Stole Christmas

My favourite green character, after Shrek, Kermit and Mike Wazowski

Yes it may be a little over the top, you may want to punch that little Cindy Lou Who, but The Grinch is still a classic Christmas film. Dr Seuss’ classic fable may not appeal to everyone, but is it your favourite?

The Santa Clause

During his rocky phase

Tim Allen stepping into Father Christmas’ shoes make this a film well worth watching if you haven’t seen it before. Or even if you have. Every single bloody Christmas.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

Classique

A film in Tim Burton’s typical style, why don’t you treat yourself to a weird but wonderful Christmas? Warning: Might not be popular with your Nan.

Elf

Will Ferrell at perhaps his happiest

Surely one of Will Ferrell’s best ever performances? Centred around Christmas spirit, this is another great Christmas feel-good film. Best scene: You sit on a throne of lies!

It’s a Wonderful Life

Golden oldie

Topping all the magazine polls year on year, is this truly the best Christmas film of all time?

So what do you think? Which film is the best Christmas film of all time? Vote Now: