Golf Professional Found Dead

Peter Jackson, father-of-two, was found dead in Northumberland woods this Sunday after being missing for three weeks.

Peter Jackson.

Peter Jackson.

Mr. Jackson was reported missing by his family and friends 24 days ago after he failed to turn up to his job as a pro golfer at Castle Eden Golf Club. He was last seen on 11 November at 8.20am.

Today the police have confirmed that the body found in the wooden area of Northumberland is that of the missing 38 year-old from Durham.

Officers from Northumbria police and Durham constabulary had been involved in searches since his car was found abandoned on 20 November near Hadrian’s Wall.

The car park where Jackson’s car was found.

The body was found by a dog walker at 3.50pm on Sunday afternoon, just over five miles from where his car was found. There are no suspicious circumstances surrounding Mr. Jackson’s death and the coroner has been informed.

At the press conference, Assistant Chief Constable, Dave Orford, said “Officers have been with Peter’s family since the moment he went missing and we would like to express our sincere sorrow now that we have confirmed he has been found.”

His family included his 36 year old wife Alexis and two children.

Castle Eden Golf Club will be issuing a statement at a later date as the members are still are trying to come to terms with the tragedy.