Who’s hot and who’s not? Ratemash decides!

Ratemash.com takes universities by storm with borderline legal profiling and lists Durham’s hottest 50 girls and guys

A site dubbed ‘creepy’ and ‘stalkerish’ by students after it uploaded over 150,000 students profile pictures online has now put together it’s leaderboard of Durham’s 50 hottest guys and girls.

In an exclusive news story last week, students told The Tab that they felt their privacy has been invaded and founder Michael Healy admitted that having your profile removed from the site involved an overly tedious process.

It’s unclear how ratemash.com provides access to the coolest clubs and parties in town

Now, ratemash.com has put together a ‘leaderboard’ of Durham’s Top 50 Hottest Girls and Guys as decided by users who ‘rate’ students based on their pictures.

They’ve even claim to have figured out Durham’s girl to guy ratio which stands at an optimistic 57% girls and 42% guys.

The big leagues…

The fantastic four girls and guys who top their respective leaderboards might be receiving some extra attention in Loveshack tonight, but it remains unclear just how many students have actually rated their peers on the site and doubt continues to linger over the validity of the rankings.

The Bailey colleges come out trumps in the Top 4 with alpha male Tom Dryden, Walter Kerr and Eloise Desoutter all from Cuth’s and first prize Olivia Topham from Hatfield.

Van Mildert girl Georgie Demeure is the only hill colleger to bag a podium spot but Chris Lynch, also from Mildert, isn’t far behind.

The girls leaderboard features a plethora of former Durham Tab ‘Fittest Freshers’ including Jacqui Champagne and fashion show star Bianca Morris but in the men’s league fanatical Tab commenter, Harry Hill, failed to make the grade despite once being crowned fittest male fresher.

What your profile looks like once you remove your photo, having your name removed requires a personal e-mail request

The owners explain in their privacy section that only ‘publicly’ available information is used in the ‘hot or not’ profiles and does guide users to a page where they can ‘opt-out’.

Despite the fact that the site has gone viral at some universities and the leaderboards continue to be a popular source of contention, it is sure to worry Durham’s many grad-scheme hopefuls looking to keep their google search results squeaky clean for those pesky ‘background checkers’.