TabPlaylist – The Mid-term Blues

It’s that time of term when you can’t remember the feeling of the sun on your face but Christmas still lies behind a high and thick wall of deadlines and snow-filled drudgery. Here’s a little pick me up from Tab Music Editor Olivia Le Poidevin with choons you’ll never have heard but will soon be filling your life like a broken record.

The housing crisis has hit – no one wants to live with you.

‘Here’s to my old friends’ by Dancing Years

We all know what this time of year means. Yep, grab your pseudo-pretend-friends and find an overpriced damp ridden house. #StudentLiving. If you’ve already had to ring your family in tears because no one wants to live with you, and you’re missing your old friends, then put this one on and revel in your misery.

It’s cold outside. So the heating wars begin…

‘The Neighbourhood’ by Sweater Weather

Housemates are refusing to cough up extra dollar for heating, so it’s definitely time to put on those layers – serious ‘Sweater Weather.’

The North attempts to be culturally experimental (AKA Lumiere)

‘Need Someone’ by Stubborn Heart

So the North has decided to gets it arty-harty on. Join them in style, by blasting this out in your ears whilst going around Lumiere.

Christmas has kicked off already – not okay.

‘Bronze Watch’ by Bambu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmcPX6le8q4

Adverts are out left right and centre, advent calendars and mince pies have decked the shelves of tesco, Xmas jumpers are being worn in abundance. But if you don’t want to start thinking about conforming to seasonal festivities and already buying that ‘Bronze Watch’ for a loved one, then put this on in revolt. It couldn’t sound any less Christmassy!

When you’re already in overdraft at the ‘Bank of Mummy and Daddy’

‘Drunk In The Morning’ by Lukas Graham

Money’s running low, but hey it’s only a pound a pint at college bars right? Perfect recipe for being ‘drunk in the morning’ and having a very low bank balance as a result!

When buying a lottery ticket or even a scratch from Dunelm becomes necessary

‘King and Cross’ by Asgeir Trautsi

Funds are running perilously low, but hey it’s 80 million pounds on the euro draw this week. Who doesn’t want to live like a king?

When college carbs have taken their toll!

‘Bonfire’ by Saint Raymond

Potatoes, mash, chips, gratin – you name it and college gladly provides it. This, combined with those Seasonal-Full-Fat-Cinnamon-Gingerbread-Flavoured-Cream-Marshmallow-and-Chocolate-Sprinkle lattes are certainly giving you some ‘winter padding.’ You need to burn it off like a match to a ‘Bonfire’ and Saint Raymond is here to help you do it!

When you need motivation

‘Nothing Stays The Same’ by Luke Sital Singh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53NC_aRQzC0

“Cry your eyes out / Scream your lungs out” whilst watching some Mr. Motivator and you’ll feel super dandy.

Lectures? What lectures?

‘Only Human’ by Hurricane Love

Routine’s starting to slip. Not getting up for 9am lectures? Well you’re only human!

When people start acting like it’s the summer exam season #libraryisrammed

‘The Rat’ by The Walkmen

That feeling when you’re fed up of everybody complaining how much work they have. Maybe they should’ve gone to Northumbria Uni?

When you’re dreaming of sunnier shores…

‘Holy Roller’ by Thao A The Get Down Stay Down

Get semi-Oriental with this band, which mixes Eastern influences with an infectious poppy hook.