Nightclub Photos: Best and worst dressed

Studio. Loveshack. Loft. Wednesday. NOVA. MONK. 346. Nowhere is safe from the camera and once they’ve got you – we’ll judge you.

In the second instalment of the Tab’s fashion analysis of Durham nightlife we find truly shite shirts, some unforgivable faux-pas and dish out a little advice.

We’ve flicked through hundreds of photos from the last two weeks but here they are – Durham’s autumnal best and worst dressed. As it’s always better to get the bad news over with first, we’ll start with the…

Worst dressed

There’s really no excuse for this. If you haven’t seen it already, we’re talking about the chap on the far right, sporting a shirt that looks like the illegitimate lovechild of a 12 year old girl’s bedroom and a neon party. Simply awful.

Great bra. Enough said.

Just because it’s from Superdry, does not make it acceptable. As for that jumper, unless it was a Christmas present from your Grandad – you should be ashamed of yourself.

You sir, are at Durham, not Kingston. Get out.

You’re not 12, you’re not at Capital VIP and even if you were it’d still be a s*** tee. Especially pulling a pose like that.

We’re not quite sure what the girl on the left is up to, but we know it’s not right.

Tom Hardy. DURFC 1st XV Prop David Spelman. The Rock. These three men are the only men that should ever wear a low cut tee in Durham. Not you. Never you.

Best dressed

Everyone should have at least one of these in their wardrobe. Stupendous or shite. It’s a fine line, this guy’s on the right side of it.

Tweed, an essential in any man’s wardrobe even more so with winter fast approaching, paired with a sharp white shirt – there’s no wonder they’re all over him.

Everyone loves denim and just because it’s getting cold doesn’t mean it should go. Shearling-lined jackets are all the rage this winter, great choice girls.

Good to see people taking our advice on Halloween, if you’re lacking a little sparkle then a statement necklace is the perfect accessory.

Fred Dealer menswear and Malmo featured heavily last week and with good reason. If ever tie-dye were a great choice, it would only ever be from this lot or Alexander McQueen. Well-cut, simple and always with a twist – bang on the money.

For obvious reasons…