Sex, Drugs & Rock N’ Roll: The Ultimate Fresher’s Playlist

Get these tunes on the go and you’ll be the talk of the town in no time. Scroll down for the full playlist.

It’s been proven that sharing the same taste in music increases the chances of mating and establishing those all important friendships. So now is the time to dose up on some bare essential tunes which no student’s iTunes should go without and enhance your sociability in no time.

Making Friends

Pompeya – YAHTBMF’ (You Always Have To Be My Friend)

This will set the tone, and display your eagerness to make fresher friends.

Getting your dancing shoes on

Mando Diao – Dance With Somebody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nh931yRQIM

Get your 80’s cool on, put your dancing shoes on, and drag your fresher floor-mates onto the dance floor.

The perfect accompaniment to pre-drinks

Within the first minute of these songs you’ll be breaking a sweat and raring to go.

Azwell & Sebastian Ingrosso – Roar

Swedish House Mafia (Triptych intro edit) – We Come. We Rave. We love

Nause – Made of

Martin Garrix – Animals

Rocking up in Lloyds-Shack and feeling pretty fly

Legenden ft. Phantomen – Niello

Its true what they say, Scandanavians know how to tear it up and party until dawn. Now it’s your time to do the same.

Hangover time

Taio Cruz ft. Flo Rida  Hangover

The Milk Carton Kids – Years Gone By

Taking their name from the good, wholesome white stuff, the Milk Carton Kids certainly do provide nourishment for your musical bones.

Timid and unassuming, this Californian duo masterfully manages the art of musical modesty. Stripped to its bare bones, two singers and two guitars, the rhythmic fabric is rich and oh so calming when the morning-after-the-night-before headache sets in. If you are living on a student budget, then save your pennies for a Quaddie by downloading their first two albums for FREE.

When you got that space cadet feeling

Lanterns on the Lake – Another Tale From Another English Town

It’s time to have some time to yourself and space out.

Time to unpack

Life – See The Light

One mental break down, record deal and catwalk debut at the London Fashion Week later, and Mike Sharp’s new musical venture, LIFE, was born. The elusive front man has charisma in abundance. Picked up by labels since his teens, the music world has long awaited his ascent. The tortured, dry and candescent sound LIFE produce will no doubt leave an impression on you.

Half Moon Run – Full Circle

Homesick cure

Phillip Phillips – Home

A perfect ‘pick-me-up-song,’ this song will lift your spirits when freshers’ comes to an end and ‘real’ student life begins. Key line: “Make this place feel your home”

Durham is starting to feel like home

Dan Croll – Home

This local Newcastle lad looks the part with his Gatsby-esque glasses, and has bucket loads of talent to go with it. At only 23 years old, and already having a one-on-one master class with Paul McCartney under his belt, he is definitely one to watch. And he will no doubt help you settle in when you put him on in the background whilst sifting through your Fresher Fair Freebies.

Because life as a student is sweeeet

Loreen – Euphoria

This Swedish lustful lady may have had her reputation tainted by the Eurovision title that accompanies with her name, but this song hits the spot everytime and makes every student moment feel euphoric.

The full playlist