Pulse – Durham’s New Saturday Night Out

With the replacement of Academy by an all-you-can-eat Chinese restaurant, Durham’s Saturday night has moved to Studio.

Under a new name and debuting this Saturday 5th October at 10.30pm, Pulse Saturdays in Studio will offer two floors of different music.

On the launch night, floor one will be playing Pulse’s mash up of house and electro tunes, whilst hip-hop and funk will be blasting on the second floor.

Each week, the music will change on one storey to keep things exciting, hopefully deviating from the chart tunes of Klute and Loveshack without losing the classic crowd pleasers which never fail to appeal at 2.30 in the morning.

Pulse also has plenty of surprises in store this term including a “Pulse meets Tequila” night and “Bomb-Fire” night around the 5th November.

With regular entry at £3, Pulse is cheaper than an old Academy night. This means students have more money to spend on the £1.50 vodka mixers, £2.50 doubles, £2 Jaeger Bombs and £2 beer bottles.

There will also be a Snog Cam ready to permanently capture a moment you will probably have forgotten the morning after. If you happen to be caught, at least you win free entry to the next Pulse Saturday.

With cheap drinks, encouraged sexuality and diverse music, Saturday night looks set to impress this year. Plus, if you feel like you’re betraying Academy, you could always line your stomach with a Chinese…