Students vying for top Blue Peter spot

Pair battle through gruelling selection process for best job in the world.

Two students have made it through to the final three in the CBBC’s search for their new blue peter presenter.

Ben Hunte (University of Nottingham, Malaysia) and Lindsey Russell (University of Bristol) have battled their way past 20,000 others in a bid to join Katy Hill and Richard Bacon at the pantheon of Fairy Liquid rockets.

From right; Ben, Lindsey and definitely Eamonn (all will become clear)

Hosted by Dick and Dom of ‘In Da Bungalow’ fame, the show has had us on the edge of our seats with death defying stunts such as climbing the Blackpool Tower or even riding a roller coaster!

Lindsey, who has starred in award winning Edinburgh Fringe Festival and “isn’t afraid to make a fool of herself”, greedily scoffed down a deep fried cockroach while Ant and Dec… Sorry, Dick and Dom, looked on.

CREAMY MUCK MUCK

Ben on the other hand, is fresh from his travels to Malaysia where he claims “jumping in the sea changed his outlook on life”.

We can only presume the Lady of the Lake presented Ben with the Blue Peter equivalent of Excalibur.

It’s OK Ben, we’ve all made mistakes. Ask Richard Bacon.

Day time telly godfather Eamonn Holmes adds some day time telly pedigree to the show, heading up the judging panel and looking for someone “who is competent”.

We wish our fellow students all the best in what is clearly a stringent challenge on a par with storming Takeshi’s Castle (idea for the next Newsround presenter BBC?).

Voting is now live for under 16s only. Get your little brother or sister to help one of these students out.