DUAFC aim for infinity…and beyond

The Tab catches up with the DUAFC 1st XI who still languish in the annals of the unknown despite another unbeaten season.

Football Sport Team Durham video

Having always played second fiddle to more established sports within Team Durham, the men’s football team deserve, at the very least, a pat on the back this season.

With limited resources and negligible support, when compared with some of Durham’s nobler pursuits, the team has managed back-to-back promotions going unbeaten in the league.

They are expected to join Women’s football on Team Durham’s list of ‘performance sports’ in the near future, the prospect of a full time coach and extra funding will be strong motivation to succeed in the coming years.

Having never participated in the Northern Premier League before, next season will be a daunting challenge for the aspiring ‘invincibles’. But with a large majority of the team made up of fresher faces, there are realistic hopes that the team will cement their position as a serious force in University football.

DUAFC have been hallowing their own, rubbery, turf down at Maiden Castle

Lorcan Treacy caught up with DUAFC big dogs Josh Addinall and Billy Wells to hear their stories of glory from this season. (SCROLL TO BOTTOM FOR VIDEO)

The Results: DUAFC vs.

A

Leeds

2

2

H

Leeds Met

3

0

H

Chester

0

0

A

Liverpool

2

1

H

Newcastle

1

0

A

Leeds Met

1

1

A

Chester

1

0

H

Leeds

3

2

H

Liverpool

3

1

A

Newcastle

2

1