TabLove: Who says I can’t get smashed?

VIDEO: The Tab stumbles across a cracking tribute to Durham nightlife and an anthem to unrestrained drunken debauchery penned by a secret singersongwriter, wins 5/5 hearts from TabLove.

video

Scroll to bottom for video

No TabTV feature or pretentious Palatinate analysis could ever encapsulate the epitome of a Durham night out quite like this stunning cover of John Mayer’s ‘Who Says’.

Laburnam lass Lucy Baker penned the lyrical tribute to Durham nightlife and popped it up on YouTube last week. It’s easily stolen five out of five hearts on the TabLove scale with some slick piano, a sprinkle of Bill Bailey-esque comic genius and a cracking vocal.

Lucy (far right) on a ‘painfully generic’ night out with the girls.

The 2nd Year Cuth’s History student told us that ‘it was just a little reflection on Durham’s thriving nightlife [which] never ceases to amaze!’ and answered a few quickfire quips.

Tab: Any live performances in the works?

Lucy: I hope so, if anyone will have me!

T: ehem *hinthint* So, a perfect big night out on the town in Durham?

L: Just the classic pre-drinks with the ladies and then onto Loveshack – I’m painfully generic.

T: On a Wednesday, a Loveshack lover or Lloyds lass?

L: I’m a Loveshack babe through and through, although Lloyds do have a cracking girl’s loos.

T: Gutted about the sale of Klute?

L: Distraught at the news, if I had any spare cash I’d bail them out in an instant!

T: Forced to choose: Quaddie or Reef?

L: It has to be a quaddie, such great value for money.

As the student loans pour in, lectures and dissertations become faded memories and exams linger far(ish) in the future – this should be the last push you need to get down to Tesco’s stock up on cheap booze, leave the debit card in your wallet, revel in the first days of summer and the last days of Klute. Besides, who says you can’t get smashed…?