Fresher wins £21,000 car on Sat Night Takeaway

Aidan’s fresher Charlie Greenwood starred on Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway, winning himself 20 great prizes including a £21,000 Volvo C30 and two holidays!

Aidan’s fresher Charlie Greenwood starred on Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway at the end of last month, winning himself 20 great prizes including a £21,000 Volvo C30 and two holidays!

The first year geography student answered 7 of his questions correctly, but, as advised by the audience and guest of the show Lewis Hamilton, Charlie made the risky decision to gamble what he’d already won and play for the whole lot.

Charlie made decided to gamble his 7 prizes for a chance to win all 20

And it certainly paid off! Charlie answered his final question correctly, deciding that the clocks go forward at 1am rather than midnight.

The 20 prizes included two holidays, a bag of potatoes and a jar of hand cream, but unsurprisingly Charlie’s favourite was a black Volvo C30, worth £21,000.

The 20 prizes Charlie walked away with a few weeks ago

The Durham student celebrated his win with Ant and Dec on live TV

The 19-year-old reportedly said, “I was in bed on the previous Sunday morning watching the repeat on ITV2 and I thought I might as well see if I could get on the show. I entered and the next thing I knew I was on.

“Once I was there, I had a one-in-50 chance of being chosen to try to win the ads and I couldn’t believe it when I was chosen.

“I blagged my way through the questions to be honest. I can’t believe I’ve been so lucky.”

Only passing his driving test 18 months ago, Charlie had been driving a £250 Nissan Micra before it was scrapped last year. He had been off the road ever since.

“This is quite a way to return to driving,” he said.

Charlie collected his new £21,000 car from Mill Volvo in Newcastle

Charlie’s football team, the Aidan’s Cs, tweeted the following message:

So if there’s one thing we can learn from fellow student Charlie it’s, “don’t just watch the adverts – win them!”