Durham awash with gay cruising hotspots

A renowned gay cruising website has identified three of our uni buildings as hotspots.

You might think there’s little more to be found in a university than lecture halls and libraries, but new evidence suggests otherwise.

Durham University officially hosts three gay cruising hotspots, The Tab can reveal.

Cruisinggays.com – a renowned website dedicated to decoding the art of anonymous gay hookups – has identified the University Library toilets, Elvet Riverside, and the Al Qasimi building as the crème de la crème of gay cruising:

For the uninitiated, The Tab refers you to Urban Dictionary’s definition:

The website describes regular action in both Elvet and Library toilet cubicles but the real nitty gritty apparently happens in the Al Qasimi building.

“This is an area that despite being uni property, is hardly ever busy,” it explains. “It is highly inhabited by hairy bears, [but] the washrooms downstairs are fairly secluded.

“It does not matter how old you are as this is mainly a postgrad area with the average age of about 40.”

You’ve been warned. Next time you catch a stranger’s eye while perusing the stacks, it could lead to more than you imagined…