Fabio’s crowd kick up a stink
Fabio ‘unamused’ after guests left choking and spluttering in suspected stink bomb prank.
Fabio’s was evacuated at 1am on Saturday night after the bar suddenly became filled with “a sulphur or rotten egg type smell”.
“We were dancing and suddenly there was an acrid smoke smell,” reports a Trevs student. “Then it was in my nose and throat and I couldn’t breathe.
“We rushed to the exit to get some fresh air (I could now smell sulphur too) and ended up in the sofa room.
“The choking subsided pretty quickly but we were coughing for ages, and my nose felt like it was burning.
“It took about half an hour for the burning in my nose to stop.”
Bar owner Fabio Ciampolillo told The Tab how the bouncers had to open windows and move everyone into another room.
“It was very unpleasant,” he said, “Luckily it only lasted for 5 minutes but most guests left and it got into everyone’s eyes, throats and noses.
“I would love to know who did it.”
Students who went back to get their coats report overhearing a bouncer saying it smelt like pepper spray, but Fabio suspects it was some kind of joke or stink bomb type device.
“I have no idea who did it or why. Hopefully it was just a one-off.”