Is this prostitution? Students flock to sugar daddy site

Thousands of students have signed up to sugar daddy site where 80% of relationships involve sex

seeking arrangement student sex site sugar baby sugar daddy

Female students are flocking to a ‘sugar daddy dating’ website, according to its founders.

SeekingArrangement.com claims thousands of UK undergrads have joined the site, which matches rich older men with good-looking women.

80% of relationships on the site involve sex

The Tab reported on the site last term, but that has done nothing for SeekingArrangement’s user base in the north east – Durham failed to make the top 20.

Surpisingly, the usually puritanical Cambridge is top of the chart, with 168 sugar babies.

The site is used by rich businessmen with an average income of £170,000 a year. Sugar babies can sign up for free if they sign up with their uni email address.

In exchange for a relationship, they are lavished with gifts and even cash allowances. The average female student on the site receives £5000 a month.

A survey last year revealed 80% of matches on SeekingArrangement involve sex. But its founder Brandon Wade denied it was a form of prostitution.

He said: “Because the relationship between a sugar daddy and a sugar baby is romantic in nature, most sugar relationships will likely involve ‘sex’ … And because a sugar daddy is expected to be the generous gentleman, ‘money’ will always be spent on the sugar baby. I don’t see anything wrong (or illegal) with that!”

TOP 20 FASTEST GROWING SUGAR BABY UNIS, DETERMINED BY NUMBER OF NEW SIGN-UPS IN 2012:

1 University of Cambridge – 168
2 London School of Economics – 163
3 University of Kent – 160
4 University of Nottingham – 155
5 Glasgow Caledonian University – 154
6 University of Southampton – 153
7 Oxford Brooks University – 150
8 University of Edinburgh – 148
9 University of St. Andrews – 147
10 University College London – 140
11 Brunel University, London – 137
12 University of East London – 136
13 University of Manchester – 134
14 Goldsmith, University of London – 133
15 University of Exeter – 129
16 Queens University Belfast – 120
17 University of Westminster – 115
18 University of Leeds – 98
19 University of Surrey – 96
20 London South Bank University – 89