Itchy Feet’s Christmas Party

Itchy Feet arrives in town for a Christmas Party

With snow, the Carol Service and the fact that we found a small tree to hang things on in our house, it’s really feeling like Christmas. What better way to show a bit of festive cheer than to get down to Market Vaults tomorrow night to celebrate with Itchy Feet. October’s event was a sell-out, and so tomorrow night is your last opportunity to hear Itchy Feet’s unique sound this term. The advertising however seemed to focus more on the muscular than the musical:

“We had better get Q-jump for this mate”

Itchy Feet is offering revellers a genuinely different night to yet another filled with cheap drinks, Rihanna and sordid disappointment at Loveshack/Studio/Academy (delete as appropriate to the day of the week). Mr Itchy Feet, Leo Bedford, puts together mixes that fuse together blues, jazz, funk and rock n roll in an attempt to wrestle the dance floor back from people who think that it’s just for fighting or heavy petting. If you rate your dance moves, this is the stage on which you should be performing- there will definitely be some serious shapes being thrown (unfortunately not from this humble reporter as I have a slight niggle and am off games).

This song was on a mixtape Itchy Feet put out a while ago- a remix of Nat King Cole by Will.I.Am. Usually this would really stress me out but actually it works quite well as an update on a classic track.

If this sounds like your cup of tea, tickets are being sold outside the Library (where else…) between 5.30-6.30 or call Lara and Izzy on 07701060862 and 07746554283 or grab them online at
http://www.tickettailor.com/checkout/view-event/id/6443/chk/8c1c
Merry Christmas.