Is pissing the new planking?

A depraved past-time is becomind Durham’s prank of choice

The image of Durham submerged in the Wear is familiar to us all by now, but reports have been leaked to The Tab of a different kind of flooding that is spilling onto the student scene.

During the bleak epoch between the end of freshers and the dawn of summative season, a pastime altogether more sinister and depraved than the traditional Jack Wills trolleydash or quaddie centurion is being enjoyed by some members of Durham’s filthy underbelly.

The idea? Have a piss, on the bar.

The method? Walk to bar, unzip, use bar as urinal, order drink over the top. “Preparation is required- one of the main obstacles I’ve encountered is wearing tight pants” commented one participant.

The motive? “It’s just funny isn’t it?” said a proud pisser. “Klute is shit anyway- it deserves it”

“There’s something banterously suave about ordering a drink and taking a piss at the same time, right in their face. Fuck you Studio!” shared another.

An anonymous pioneer has reflected on his experiences- “There are a number of reasons you’d piss in a club, but only two are justifiable. The first is if your friend has been stung by a jellyfish. The second is if you’re making a statement about the capitalist system. I was doing neither.”

Too much effort.

“We live in a decadent society don’t we- this is the next step.”

Is it just a one-off, or will this be the biggest thing since Gangnam Style/Pokémon?

“Once is an occurrence,
Twice is a statistical fluctuation,
Three times is a craze” noted one innocent bystander (something we would recommend- at least 1 metre to avoid any splashback.) “My mate did it last week- I’m worried.”

Cleaning staff in bars throughout Durham are on guard. One employee is sick of the behaviour, “It’s disgusting. They are taking the piss. If I see it, they’ll get thrown out and fined.” Another pointed out, “If it’s obvious human waste we’ll be paid extra for getting rid…”

Anarchy on the cobbled streets? A bold statement about Durham’s ‘posh twat’ rep? Or the result of a series of misjudgements on the part of Undergraduate Admissions?

“It’s no worse than being sick in the toilet”.

Erm, yes, it is.