Darts Titans face off at the DSU

Darts Titans Cross Tungsten at the DSU in an Exhibition Match.

Darts Exhibition Match Darts Tungsten

Frazier-Ali, Ovett-Coe, Borg-McEnroe and English Ice Hockey’s Slough Jets and Bracknell Bees. These are all great sporting rivalries, but they pale in comparison to the one that is set to grace the DSU on Monday 18th June.

Darts legends Terry “the Bull” Jenkins vs Andy “the Pieman” Smith are to engage in a tungsten test of both mind and body for the “DUDA World Championships @ The Riverside."

Andy “The Pie Man” Smith:

World Ranking: 20
Career Earnings: £312,777
Best Results: Quarter Finals of both the Players Championship Finals and the World Grand Prix, and winner of 10 other tournaments.

Walk on music: Eat it by “Weird Al Jankovic”
Weight: 21 stone
Fun Fact: Kicked out of an all-you-can-eat carvery after five hours. What a man.
Quote: “Winning darts games is about a strong mind not a six-pack” (Scottish Sun, 2010)

Terry “The Bull” Jenkins

World Ranking: 10
Career Earnings: £819,633
Best Results: Runner up of Premier League Darts, the World Matchplay, The World Grand Prix and winner of 14 other tournaments

Walk on music: Wooly Bully by “Sam the Sham and The Pharaohs”
Weight: Circa 15 stone
Fun Fact: shaved his moustache for the first time in 33 years on the 25th May.
Quote: “This is the home of the Raging bull”

The main event will be preceded by:
– The two Qualifying-School tournament winners taking on The Pie man and the The Bull.
– University Darts Champion Andy Lucas crosses tungsten swords with his rival and Durham One’s very own Will Summerlin.

– The Bull and the Pie man will then take on members of the crowd. Oh yeah, you heard it right, you could be taking these giants on.

Outrageous fancy dress is very much encouraged. Tickets are on sale from Tuesday the 29th of May for £10. We hope to see as many of you as possible at this unique event. Please contact James Staight on 07776421434 or Harry Staight on 07776418671 to reserve places or play in the Qualifying event. THIS IS DARTS.

Details of times when we will be located around Durham for ticket sales will be released on the facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/292330887510962/