REVISION LOCATION GUIDE

Alex Aljoe explores the different revision locations of Durham. Make sure you pick wisely this term…

exams Fresher library river Social starbucks Studio

1) THE LIBRARY

Aren’t we all sick of hearing… “Fancy a library sesh?” and “When are you hitting the libs?” Let’s be honest, it’s really not an ideal place to work. A breeding ground for obsessive workers, where everyone competes to see who can stay there the longest. Last year a girl was reportedly dragged out of the library after she was found doing her washing in the loos. It turned out she had been living there during the exam period. This really is abusing the 24 hour opening privilege if you ask me.

2) THE BEDROOM

Wake up, eat, work, eat work, eat, sleep… All in one room. This is NOT a healthy daily routine. When you haven’t seen anyone for days and you can no longer see your bedroom floor because it is covered in paper and books, you know it is time to change revision locations. The Bedroom should be a space to relax and unwind…

3) STARBUCKS

Socialites haven. The benches are perfect for group revision sessions, the wifi is quick and there is an endless supply of food and drink. Have a coffee, revise and gossip all at the same time. A threeway paradise for the social butterfly.

4) THE GRASS BY THE RIVER

Summer term, first glimpse of sun, bikinis on, eyes peering over carefully placed textbooks as to maximise their tans. This group of "revisers" preys on the boys who play rugby on the race course, desperate for them to get a glimpse of their fake baked bods, as seen in Freemans Quay.

5) IN A FRIEND’S ROOM

Classic schweffing tactics- ‘fancy revising together?’ which translates to ‘fancy a shag?’ We know this term gets desperate for some, but really, sinking to the low heights of revision chat… Can’t you just wait until June 1st and drunkenly ask the same girl for her number rather than her physical geography notes?

6) OUTSIDE THE EXAM ROOM

Complete panic. Underprepared is an understatement. Manically looking over a year’s work that, believe it or not, is not going to sink in in the next five minutes. This will only stress you out and others around you. Just face it, you have failed.

7) THE GYM

They say exercise helps focus the mind but pounding away on the running machine while looking at revision notes that are propped up next to your water bottle is quite frankly ridiculous. Can’t this neurotic group of people leave their revision notes behind them when heading out for their next gym session? I suppose you can’t get a first in fitness…

8) NOWHERE

Revision? I don’t need anywhere to revise. Because I don’t revise. I’m a fresher. Living the dream.