Tip Top Tips for the Cheltenham Festival

The Whisperer casts his expert eye over the Chetenham cards

horseracing The whisperer Tips

It has come to that time of year again. Lectures theatres and dissertations will be abandoned and a mass daily pilgrimage begins to Coral, our “temple”.

The Cheltenham festival starts tomorrow and given my performance last year in the tipping department you are in for a profitable week (6 wins from 7 tips). There were though some unhappy readers who were unimpressed with the format in which my tips were given.

Tom Cox, a Hild Bede second year, avid follower of my column, and self-proclaimed BNOC commented that, “The Whisperer often gets a touch over excited when smashing out his tips columns, he thinks he is riding a winner when really he’s over extending himself, he thrusts too deep into analysis and sprays his tips all over the place prematurely. He has to wait for the declaration stages next time. It left a sour taste in my mouth”.

I clearly had a bit of a mare last year (not on the tipping but on article readability), so instead I will attempt to satisfy readers expectations by giving you simple tips and no analysis.

Hopefully this reining in of the analysis will help me stay the trip with my select band of readers this time out.

13th March:

Supreme Novices Hurdle – Darlan, each way at 9/2.

The Arkle – Sprinter Sacre, win at 10/11.

JLT Speciality Handicap Chase – Quantitativeasing, each way at 6/1.

Champion Hurdle – Hurricane Fly, win at 10/11

14th March:

Neptune Novices Hurdle – Simonsig, win at 9/4

RSA – Lay Grand Crus and Bobs Worth, win at 10/3

Champion Chase – Kauton Stone, each way at 16/1

Fred Winter – Vendor, win at 7/2

Champion Bumper – New Years Eve, each way at 7/1

The tips for the last two days racing will come on Wednesday. Be ready.