Celebrate Burns night in style
What better way to celebrate Burns night, than with the perfect outfit? Durham One shows you how.
With invitations for Burns events now flying around colleges, many Durham students are raiding their wardrobes for anything that will fit with the ‘touch of tartan’ dress code asked of them. But before you reach for the tartan beret with fake ginger wig and make a right tit of yourself, let Durham One offer a few stylish alternatives. Team with a glass of whisky and the ability to recite some Burns poetry for full effect.
1) Monica Tartan skater dress – £20 from boohoo.com
2) Motel ginger tartan shorts down from £38 to £20.50 on asos.com
3) Tartan drop back check shirt- £28 from Topshop.com
4) Pieces tartan earrings- down from £6 to £1.50 on asos.com
5) Aran swing cardigan down from £35 to £17.50 on asos.com
6) Fred Perry tartan bow tie – £34 from farfetch.com
7) Fred Perry M8314 shirt was £79.99, now £31 from www.usc.co.uk
8) Red Tartan scarf was £15, now just £5 from Urban Outfitters.
9) Scottish flag cufflinks –£7.99 from amazon.co.uk