JJ’s release statement after announcing temporary closure

It’s closing due to the coronavirus outbreak

JJ’s  BOOM Tuesday’s released a statement on their Facebook page today,confirming that they will temporarily close until the next academic year as a precaution to stop the spread of coronavirus.

It is the latest thing to close in Coventry as a precaution against coronavirus, others include The Wave and the Odeon cinema.

“Due to recent circumstances, our team has come to the decision to close JJ’s in an attempt to prevent further spread of COVID-19. After thorough consideration, and statements provided by the government, we feel it’s best to say a temporary goodbye until circumstances improve. We are truly saddened by this; however, we pray and hope for everyone in powering through this hard time”.

We spoke to a few students who gave us their thoughts on the announcement. One student said: ‘It’s very sad news as I loved going there and having a great time with my friends’.

Another student expressed excitement at the reopening already: ‘I can’t believe that they closed! But I hope that all this situation will be solved soon and I’m already waiting for the Welcome Back Party!’.

A further statement providing more information was posted on the JJ’s Coventry website. 

The statement reads: “You, our people, our community, are one of our biggest strengths and once the situation improves, our collective energy will make us more united not only as a clubbing community, but as a nation, and global community. In the meantime, we will be feeding snippets and content on social media to keep you busy. Stay safe, pull together, look after each other and look back once this is over with pride, and remember we are One Nation Under A Groove!”