Kasbah to hold loo roll and hand sanitiser giveaway night despite nationwide shortages

Read the room, guys

Kasbah have announced the theme for next Monday’s BubbleLuv club night will be a toilet roll and hand sanitiser give away night, items currently in short supply nationwide due to coronavirus stockpiling.

The club event advertisement states “We’ve got our hands on some of the most sought after items and we’ll be giving it away completely free!!!”.

Students have pointed out the “wastefulness” of this event, and some aren’t finding it very funny. Megan, a third year Coventry student, told The Coventry Tab: “It’s a waste of essential products, I’m so angry. People legit need hand sanitiser. That toilet roll is just going to be wasted.”

Other students find the event funny, saying: “It really isn’t that deep.”

Kasbah is not shy to controversy, they host raunchy “sex toy treasure hunt” events, once released their own brand of condoms that were eventually deemed unsafe and even used a picture of Donald Trump’s face for Halloween marketing (then published a false legal letter saying Trump was trying to sue them, he wasn’t).

Kasbah declined to comment in response to The Tab Coventry’s questions on how this event may be received. When asked if the club night would still be going forward despite Boris Johnson’s social distancing rules newly imposed last night, Kasbah sent a picture of the dictionary definition of the world “rule” and said: “THIS is the definition of a RULE. Yesterday in his press conference the P.M offered ADVICE. Please look up the definition of ‘advice’ before you send more messages asking stupid questions. Thank you.”

If you have any tips, information or stupid questions, please contact [email protected]

Want to write for The Coventry Tab? DM us @thetabcoventry on Instagram or The Tab Coventry on Facebook!