Cov Uni cancels all face-to-face teaching and moves exams online

Libraries and facilities will remain open

Coventry University has cancelled all face to face teaching and assessments from 20th March onwards in the wake of the coronavirus outbreak.

The decision will make exams and assessments online, as well as lectures and seminars, as announced in an email issued to students saying “assessment, with a very small number of exceptions, will also be online.”

The email continues: “The new academic year will help reduce the disruption, but we are aware of the heightened anxiety this may create for our final year students, so they will be our priority in this period of change.”

As for how Cov Uni plans to move everything online, the uni said: “The exact details of this will be communicated within the course of the week.”

Matt, a second year at Cov, told The Coventry Tab: “Obviously I’m frustrated about the whole situation, but I trust the uni have taken all the right measures. Moving content online doesn’t bother me to be fair, but I can imagine it’ll affect lots of people so we’ll have to see what happens.”

All facilities, including the Lanchester Library and halls, remain open for use by students. Open day events have all been suspended, which means prospective students will not be able to tour campus.