16-year-old boy stabbed to death at house party near student area in Coventry

It was in Stoke near Gosford Green

A 16-year-old boy was found collapsed on Clay Lane in the Stoke area of Coventry city last night, near the student area of Kingsway by Gosford Green.

A member of the public called the police at around 10:30pm on Saturday the 29 February. The 16-year-old suffered fatal stab injuries, and was later taken to hospital where sadly, despite the best efforts of the medical staff, he died.

Two boys aged 17 have been arrested on suspicion of murder and are currently in custody following the stabbing.

Police suspect the 16-year-old had attended a nearby house party on Chandos Street, near Gosford Green. The area has been sealed off as well as Clay Lane for forensic examination as police launch an investigation into the boy’s death.

Detective Inspector Michelle Allen said: “This is simply tragic. My thoughts remain with the young man’s family and friends at this heart-breaking time.

“I’d like to hear from everyone who was at the party or anyone with any information about what has happened this evening to get in touch as soon as they can.

“If anyone was driving through the area last night and has dash-cam footage then I’d also ask them to get in contact. A young boy has died and we need to understand exactly what happened.”

Anyone with any information can contact Coventry Police via 101 or message them on Live Chat via the website quoting log number 2816 of 29 February.

Or information can be passed to the charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111, tell them what you know, not who you are.

Featured image via @snapperSK