Image may contain: Hotel, Architecture, Apartment Building, Downtown, High Rise, Road, City, Town, Street, Person, Human, Housing, Condo, Building, Urban, Neighborhood

The Flying Standard is being refurbished and getting a roof terrace

It’s part of a new refurbishment

The Flying Standard, one of Coventry's most popular Spoons and biggest pubs, is being refurbished this year and given a roof terrace.

Located on Trinity Street, The Flying Standard has been sold to a private investor for three million pounds, but manager Gavin Healy says that the Weatherspoon pub is still very much open for business, and will be for the foreseeable future.

Image may contain: Tarmac, Asphalt, Street, Architecture, Road, Urban, City, Building, Downtown, Town, Human, Pedestrian, Person

The new refurb will see the upstairs of the pub get a makeover, with more seating available to customers as well as the roof terrace.

It will be closed to customers on March 9th-13th and reopening in time for St Patrick's Day on the 17th later that month. Construction may take a bit longer to allow infrastructure work to be carried out properly.

The Flying Standard is known for it's Tudor-style exterior making it a well known and recognisable Coventry landmark. It is not yet confirmed whether the buyer is keen to maintain the pubs Tudor-like appearance.