Image may contain: Shoe, Footwear, Pillow, Cushion, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

We ranked all the Cov supermarkets and Gosford Sains didn’t even win

Yes mum I’m a real adult now

We are strong independent students proving to our parents that we really can function on our own. But we all still hate food shops, dragging your feet around a supermarket carrying a heavy basket and still spending way too much money.

Food shopping is a chore but it's also one of the few things at uni that really do make you feel like a true mature adult. So we decided to rank all the supermarkets in Cov so that you can be your best possible grown up self.

6. Big Sainsbury's

Image may contain: Building, Urban, Human, Person

The OG Cov big boi

You all know exactly which one I'm talking about. Big Sains is located on Trinity Street, right on the corner opposite the Transport Museum. It's in the most awkward place, you bump into everybody no matter which way you turn.

Inside it's also a really weird layout? The back of the shop is really squashed together and the self check out part just gets in the way of anybody with a trolley. You'll find yourself shunned to the side anxiously apologising to angry locals for getting in their way.

5. Tesco

Image may contain: Hat, Feather Boa, Scarf, Person, Human, Clothing, Apparel

Pres in Tesco wbu

The elite of all supermarkets let's be honest. Tesco never lets us down and everybody knows they do the best meal deals. It's a firm family fave that you're forever grateful for.

The big Tesco near the Ricoh Arena qualifies as a night out because we all know there's nothing better than a late night squad trip to Tesco. Good times. But, it's so fucking far away from literally anything near the uni. It's impossible to get to unless you have a car.

4. Morrisons

Image may contain: Rural, Countryside, Outdoors, Nature, Shelter, Urban, Transportation, Automobile, Car, Vehicle, Building, Tower, Architecture, Clock Tower

It's big AND beautiful

Another family favourite. It's cheap and cheerful and has never done you dirty. Their bakery bangs and they always have a cafe to sneak in a cheeky cup of coffee to reward yourself for buying real food and not takeaways.

The Morrisons on Holyhead Road is just outside the ring road so if you want to shop here, be prepared for a small trek. Maybe a bit too far for some people but at least with Morrisons, it's good food and decent prices.

3. Asda

Image may contain: Airport Terminal, Car, Transportation, Vehicle, Automobile, Terminal, Human, Person, Airport

Feels just like home x

A student fave because it's absolutely dirt cheap and we love it. However the shop is so big you still end up spending more than you planned because you buy things you don't really need.

Some of the products are also a bit hit and miss. Sometimes Asda own brand food is fab and it changes your life but other times it's really clear you've spent way too much on shit quality food.

2. Gosford Sainsbury's

You know you love Gosford Sains. Half of Cov uni works here so it's always fun to be served by your pal. It serves all your last minute emergency needs and if you lived in Callice or Gosford Gate for first year, you've definitely bought all your alcohol and mixers from here.

An unsung hero of Coventry however, it's actually really expensive, always really busy and the cash point never has £10 notes which is annoying and inconvenient.

1. Lidl

Image may contain: Airport Terminal, Terminal, Vehicle, Transportation, Automobile, Car, Airport, Human, Person

Is that some wild students I see approaching

Lidl has a special place in my heart. It's cheap and so small that you can do a full shop within an hour. Ideal if you really hate food shopping as it doesn't take up too much time to go around this supermarket.

Whenever you go to Lidl you know exactly where it is in the shop and it never breaks the bank. It's also located next to an Iceland so it's even better. Lidl is a student lifeline and definitely does not get the recognition it truly deserves. Most underrated supermarket ever, god bless Lidl.

Disagree? Have your say below!