Image may contain: Mammal, Animal, Person, Human

Coventry halls residents are being relocated because their rat infestation is so bad

There are videos of rats running in the hallway

Callice Court residents are being rehoused in alternative student accommodation so that pest control can deal with a rat infestation in the lower floor of A block, The Coventry Tab can reveal.

An email sent to ground floor A Block residents said they will need to seek alternative accommodation while the pest "eradication" is fully completed. The process is expected to take four to six weeks.

Videos obtained by The Coventry Tab show evidence of the rat infestation, with rats scurrying around Callice hallways and loud rat squeaking noises in the halls bathrooms. A standard Callice Court room costs £6,623 per year.

All full videos can be seen on The Coventry Tab Instagram story.

Image may contain: Mammal, Human, Person, Invertebrate, Animal

A student also shared that a rat had occasionally been snacking on her food. They shared this picture saying: “A nice snack for the rat lol”.

Image may contain: Cocoa, Sweets, Confectionery, Fudge, Food, Dessert, Chocolate

An email sent to Callice Court residents said: "We have now had three visits from pest control experts and in order to affect a full eradication of the problem we would like to offer to move you to alternative accommodation whilst the work is carried out.

"The works required are likely to be intrusive and cause some disruption. We have a small quantity of rooms Millennium View available but not enough to rehouse all residents who are still in occupation in Ground Floor A Block. I have spoken with FutureLets today and they are able to assist in offering alternative temporary accommodation.

"We would anticipate that you would need to be out of rooms for four to six weeks."

One student who lives in a rat infested bedroom said: "I've been dealing with this for ten days now and not a single thing has been done. I never expected to have to deal with this with the amount I'm paying to live here."

Another student added: "I am disappointed and distressed that we are paying so much and living in such poor conditions."

"I'm paying over 95% of my student loan for rats, useless security, useless cleaners, faulty equipment and a courtyard full of dealers wanting to sell me 'Scooby snacks'."

Homes for Students, the company who own and manage Callice Court, have been contacted for comment.