Image may contain: Portrait, Photography, Photo, Hair, Party, Clothing, Apparel, Beverage, Drink, Female, Accessories, Necklace, Jewelry, Accessory, Face, Human, Person

These are the six mates who will get you through your Cov Uni degree

Survival is key

Congrats you've made it this far. Four weeks in and you're still alive. Few too many shots in Kazzy B, and a few missed 9ams. Not bad. Not to mention the 2am fire alarms because someone didn't stick a fluffy sock over the smoke alarm.

But you've got a long way to go. You've already got a load of new people on Snapchat that you don't remember adding and you have a ton of new contacts in your phone. However, there's always going to be those loyal six mates at uni who will stick by your side the whole way. And trust me, you're gonna need them.

The flat mum

Image may contain: Face, Apparel, Clothing, Person, Human

mum's little angel xo

The first mate is the classic house Mum. They have the freshly washed bedding, they actually attend their 9ams and have even printed out their uni timetable and pinned it to their wall. They have a deep hatred for left over washing up and spontaneously clean the flat at 1am.

Just watching them actually makes you WANT to start doing your washing and not at the last minute when you've got one pair of socks left. They make you want to attend your 9ams and actually start your coursework early. They make you want to be a good student, just to make them proud.

You're going to need them in final year when shit gets real. Trust me. They'll have you organised and you'll be smashing your exams in no time. Because of them, "Gotta get that degree" will be your new catch phrase.

Hype girl

Image may contain: Photography, Portrait, Photo, Night Club, Girl, Night Life, Club, Woman, Female, Clothing, Apparel, Face, Human, Person

my friends are better than yours

They're the bad influence pals that'll have your back no matter what. Even if you've both got coursework due the next day, they'll always be up for a BOOM Tuesdays and a Kebab Rush.

Whether you've broken up with your partner from back home or you're feeling a bit homesick, they're there for you. Whatever is giving you the blues, don't worry, they're going to snap you right out of it.

Think full on big night out with the gals or boys. They'll take Insta pics and Snapchat stories of you with them screaming "YAS QUEEN" in the background as you down shots. You'll be sat on their knee in Kasbah smoking area telling them how much you love them and how uni would never be the same without them.

The house chef

Image may contain: Photo, Photography, Portrait, Female, Room, Indoors, Restaurant, Dish, Dining Table, Table, Face, Food, Meal, Chair, Furniture, Person, Human

Wholesome pals and wholesome food

An absolute blessing to your life. The unsung heroes of uni life. You're done with pot noodle, nuggets and Sainsbury's own brand pasta sauce. Your body is craving actual vegetables. They can whip up the best home cooked meal in under 30 mins. Actually knowing how to season your food is life changing and they'll show you.

Their entire vibe is a home cooked meal when you're feeling homesick. They'll provide you with the greenest thing you've seen since you discovered pesto pasta. If they've cooked, you'll always go to bed with the biggest food baby ever. They'll be in charge of the flat Xmas meal and it will be the true definition of "a quality spread."

The gym bunny

Image may contain: People, Woman, Costume, Dressing Room, Room, Female, Indoors, Apparel, Shoe, Footwear, Clothing, Person, Human

We stan a gym queen

Working out? I don't know her. But your gym pal will make you question it. You'll slowly think maybe you should do a squat or two, and maybe a jog around War Memorial Park isn't a bad idea. They have matching Gymshark sets, will laugh at the phrase "gains" but whip out protein shakes on the daily.

Gym anxiety or don't know where to start? Not a clue what to do in the weights area full of "hench" sports lads? They'll coach you through it and you'll leave the gym unable to feel your legs.

The therapist

Image may contain: Pub, Female, Face, Beer, Cocktail, Juice, Alcohol, Glass, Beverage, Drink, Person, Human

Someone hold me pls

It's not an easy job but they're someone you're going to be so thankful for. Sometimes you just need a chat and a cuddle or someone to make you a brew. Uni life isn't always easy and navigating your new life without your usual support network from home can be tough at times.

They'll be on hand always. They'll listen to you and really take the time to understand. Remember to check in on them too. Cov uni has loads of mental health resources but sometimes getting there can be a big step. They'll be your first port of call if you're ever struggling. Just wait till you're both holding your dissertations thinking "man, we made it."

The real you

Image may contain: Selfie, Game, Female, Portrait, Photography, Photo, Face, Human, Person, Electronics, Cell Phone, Phone, Mobile Phone

One true form x

Finally, last but not least you're going to meet yourself. Stay with me here, but it's true. Being away from home gives you time to really get to know the real you. You're going to have heaps of time to figure things out.

New experiences, new people and taking on new challenges. You won't realise how much you've actually achieved until you're standing there with your cap and gown at graduation.

But for now buckle up and enjoy the ride. There's going to be good times, real laughs and some difficult challenges – and no, we don't just mean making your 9ams. These guys are just a few of the mates you're going to make along the way and before you know it you'll be handing in that diss and chugging down a fancy bottle of wine to celebrate.