Image may contain: Indoor Play Area, Person, Human, Amusement Park, Water Park, Water

The Cov water park is due to open this month

This comes after months of delays

"The Wave" water park in Coventry is due to open on the 21st of October with all the slides open to the public. The park previously opened its fitness and spa suites in July.

The park, which is located on New Union Street near to the train station, has six slides, all of which will be open on the 21st. One of these is the Torrent slide, described as the slide "for those ultimate thrill seekers". It has a whopping twenty meter drop into a plunge pool.

Another of the slides is a roller coaster ride called the Cyclone. All of the slides have their own individual features such as lights and sound which allows the rider to have a truly immersive experience. It's basically Kasbah but wetter.

The water park also features a poolside cafe, a lazy river and a wave pool. The wave pool facility splashes out 20 million litres of water daily.

This is phase two of the £36.7 million development, but there has also been investment into the areas surrounding the water park, with work beginning on a new play area for children as well as a water feature and a green space for people to relax in.