Image may contain: Glasses, T-Shirt, Woman, Child, Teen, Girl, Blonde, Kid, Jeans, Denim, Accessories, Sunglasses, Accessory, Pants, Female, Human, Person, Apparel, Clothing

This is why you should write for The Coventry Tab

It’s the best part about uni

The Coventry Tab is hosting an open meeting on the 22nd of January on the first floor of the Hub. We're looking to recruit new writers and anyone interested in becoming part of our team. Here's just a few of the many reasons why you should come along.

To start your career in journalis

Image may contain: Shop, Dining Table, Clothing, Apparel, Drink, Beverage, Tabletop, Room, Table, Chair, Furniture, Indoors, Human, Person

For student journo's, joining us is the perfect opportunity to kick start your career. Tab writers have had their work picked up by national media with stories that were originally broken by the Tab later being reported by The Guardian, The Washington Post and The New York Times.

Tab writers have gone on to write for national media outlets including Vice, The Telegraph and The Sun as well as many more.

Tab alumni have won awards such as Young Journalist of the Year (Gabriel Proground, Tab UCL '16) and done cover interviews for UK Vogue (Ellie Pithers, Tab Cambridge '11). Many of them also go on to become editors at their resident publication.

To write stories students care about

Image may contain: People, Paper, Flyer, Brochure, Poster, Advertisement, Text, Human, Person

Just last year, The Coventry Tab exposed the cricket group chat in which members of Coventry University's cricket team rated the girls they'd slept with. We were also able to obtain evidence and screenshots of the messages.

Whether we're announcing news of a stabbing in Godiva Place or getting the inside info from the student behind fake Fake Taxi, we're the ones giving students the stories they care about.

Don't worry, we have a less serious side too, like our discussion of the spiciest confessions of Cov students – including a student who had sex in the Callice Court staircase. We even wrote a guide on how eat women out.

Because it's really fun

Image may contain: High Heel, Shoe, Footwear, Female, Clothing, Apparel, Human, Person

We find out all the hot Cov gossip and news before anyone else and we're a fun and funky team who are all a good laugh.

Come along on Wednesday 22nd of January in the first floor of the Hub for more info or DM us on Insta. We hope to see you there!