Image may contain: Face, Mobile Phone, Cell Phone, Electronics, Phone, Person, Human

Coventry drop-out found guilty of attempted murder outside the Houses of Parliament

He injured several people

A Coventry University drop out has been found guilty of two charges of attempted murder, following an attack outside the Houses of Parliament in August last year.

30-year-old Salih Khater drove his car into multiple pedestrians and hit a police barrier last year, injuring three people in the process. It is unclear whether the attack was terrorist motivations.

Khater studied Accountancy at Coventry University, but failed his exams and eventually dropped out.

During the trial, Khater said he came to London to find the Sudanese embassy to get a visa accidentally but "got lost" near Westminster and panicked.

Image may contain: Vehicle, Tarmac, Asphalt, Transportation, Town, Street, Building, City, Urban, Road, Pedestrian, Person, Human

Credit: Metropolitan Police/AP

However, the judge ruled that Khater's attack was deliberate. Jenny Hopkins from the Crown Prosecution Service said: "His driving was so precise and determined that it was difficult for skilled accident investigators to repeat the manoeuvre he carried out."

"Whatever his motives, this was not an accident. It was a deliberate attempt to kill and maim as many people as possible."

This attack came a year after the 2017 Westminster attacks, where Khalid Masood crashed his car into pedestrians, injuring 50 people and killing four.

Khater was found guilty and has been remanded in custody. He is due to be sentenced on October 7th.