Image may contain: Police Car, Lighting, Transportation, Automobile, Vehicle, Car

A man was stabbed on Walsgrave Road last night

It happened just outside Antalya restaurant

Police were called to Walsgrave Road at 8pm last night after a 31-year-old man was stabbed outside Antalya restaurant. Walsgrave Road is located in Ball Hill, just past Kingsway, a popular student area.

West Midlands Police have stated: "It is believed an argument took place between a group of men inside the restaurant, which carried on outside.

"A man pulled a knife on another of the men, and stabbed him multiple times in the chest and leg before fleeing the scene. The injured man, aged 31, was taken to hospital where he remains in serious condition."

This incident happened just half an hour after another man was stabbed in the arm after a robbery in Norman Place Road, just outside of central Coventry.

In this earlier incident, a man in his 20s was getting out of a vehicle when he was approached by two offenders on a moped.

West Midlands Police commented: "He suffered an arm injury, which is not believed to be serious. The keys to the car were taken but the offenders fled without it."

These two incidents follow several recent stabbings in Coventry, including a stabbing in Godiva halls of residence and the stabbing of a 15-year-old on Trinity street.

They also coincide with the visit of the Knife Angel, a sculpture aimed to raise awareness for knife crime in the UK. The sculpture currently stands outside Coventry cathedral until the the 23rd of April.