Image may contain: Pedestrian, Mammal, Animal, Person, Human

Police release CCTV footage to find man connected to Godiva halls stabbing

The victim was stabbed in the back of the head

West Midlands Police have released new CCTV footage to help identify the man who stabbed a Coventry student in Godiva Palace two weeks ago.

The victim was a 20-year-old man, believed to be a Godiva resident. Police say his injuries are not believed to be serious.

The new CCTV footage shows another man walking down the street near the area. West Midlands Police are appealing to anyone who can identify him.

West Midlands police told The Coventry Tab two men with knives forced their way into the building demanding a watch, before stabbing the 20-year-old man in the back of the head. It is not known whether the victim was a student.

Separate footage seen by The Coventry Tab after the incident shows police retrieving a machete from behind the bike shed and taking away a man in handcuffs.

Police have arrested one man in relation to the incident: Bilal Boulaleh, a 20-year-old from Wolverhampton. He has been charged with possession of an offensive weapon and aggravated burglary with intent in relation to the incident. He has not yet entered a plea and is due in court on April 11th.

A spokesman for the police said: "Do you recognise this man? We want to speak to him in connection with an attempted burglary at a flat in Godiva Place in Coventry on 7 March.

"The occupant was stabbed in the head as the suspects tried to steal his Rolex."

Anyone with information is encouraged to tweet @Crimestoppers.