Image may contain: Parking Lot, Parking, Automobile, Transportation, Vehicle, Car

A 19-year-old boy was shot outside Coventry PureGym last night

This is the fourth shooting this month

A 19-year-old was shot in the leg in the car park of PureGym on Bishop Street last night. Footage from the gym is on The Coventry Tab Instagram story.

Police were called to the scene just after eight o'clock, and the injured teenager was taken to hospital.

The severity of the victim's injuries are not yet known, and no arrests have been made in relation to the incident as of yet.

West Midlands Police said: "Police were called at around 8:05pm yesterday (25 Feb) to reports that a man had been shot on a gym car park on Bishop Street, Coventry.

"A 19-year-old man was taken to hospital with gunshot injuries to his leg.

"The motive is not clear at this stage and enquiries are ongoing to identify and arrest the offenders."

West Midlands Ambulance Service said: "We were called at 8.04pm to Bishop Street to reports of a patient with a gunshot wound.

"We sent one ambulance, a paramedic support officer and a community first responder to the scene.

"We treated one patient, a man, for a single injury which is not believed to be life-threatening.

"He was taken to hospital for further treatment."

West Midlands Police are appealing for anyone with information to call 101 or Live Chat at WMP Online between 8am and midnight, quoting log number 2424. People can also anonymously call Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.

For all instant breaking news updates, follow The Coventry Tab Instagram.