Image may contain: Intersection, Metropolis, Zebra Crossing, Car, Vehicle, Transportation, Automobile, City, Building, Town, Urban, Street, Tarmac, Asphalt, Road, Pedestrian, Person, Human

A 15-year-old boy was stabbed outside of Sainsbury’s on Trinity St last night

Police are appealing for witnesses

A teenage boy was stabbed in Coventry city centre last night, on Trinity Street near Sainsbury's and Millenium View.

Police were directed to the area just before 6pm, after reports of a disorder involving male youths. The teenager was found with knife injuries to his leg and lower torso.

West Midlands Police have stated: "The victim was treated in hospital and discharged just after midnight; his injuries are not life changing.

"Enquiries are on-going, accounts have been taken from witnesses and an extensive CCTV trawl of city centre cameras is underway."

In addition to this, West Midlands Police have issued a Dispersal Order for the city centre which allows police to move on any groups hanging around in the city centre if it’s suspected that they could be a crime or anti-social behaviour threat.

WMP stated: "The Order is in place until Monday – and anyone who returns to the designated area after being moved on by police risks being arrested. Additional officers will be patrolling the city centre today for added reassurance."

Police have appealed for witnesses of the incident or anyone who saw a group of teenagers fleeing the scene last night. Please call West Midlands Police on 101 or Live Chat at WMP Online.

Image credit to Spotted Coventry City on Facebook.