Image may contain: Swimming, Sports, Sport, Outdoors, Human, Person, Water

Coventry’s new adult ball pit bar is everything we didn’t know we needed

It’s finally acceptable to submerge yourself in balls

Ballxrs, the new adult ball pit bar on Far Gosford Street, is extremely underrated and so we've set out to change that. Not only is it literally five minutes from uni and one minute away from Gosford Sains (the REAL centre of Cov) but, there's free entry and it has so, so much to offer inside.

Think about it like this: drunk students are, essentially, children. We fall over all the time, occasionally vomit on ourselves and go mad when Baby Shark comes on. And what do children love? Ball pits. It's a natural fit for drunk students and Ballxrs has delivered it right to our doorstep. So we decided to try it out.

Here's how it works

Image may contain: Restaurant, Dating, Glass, Alcohol, Drink, Beverage, Beer, Bar Counter, Pub, Person, Human, Sitting

Coventry Tab set to take on the pit

There's free entry into Ballxrs but to get a wristband for entry into the ball pit you need to buy one drink. Drinks are actually reasonably priced so this won't be an issue. Also, there's a four jagerbombs for six quid offer which, frankly, is everything you could wish for. Just try not to vomit in the ball pit please.

So much room for activities

While you wait and ingest those drinks before the ball pit ingests you, there's more to do. There's board games (including cards against humanity), pizza served all night, a dance floor with a DJ, table tennis and beer pong.

Beer pong costs twenty quid because you need to pay for two massive jugs of beer to fill up twelve cups. Split it between your friends and you're good to go. However, beware – if you are really shit at beer pong, like us, the game will go on for so long that you have to get the bar staff to help you out. Pathetic, but friends were made and good times were had.

Special surfing extravaganza

When we went, there was even a surf board simulator that we were, surprise, really bad at. It's always good fun to watch your closest friends absolutely stack it and embarrass themselves though, so we had a few goes before we succumbed to the ball pit.

Image may contain: Room, Lighting, Furniture, Couch, Human, Person, Interior Design, Indoors

Yes honey you ride that wave!

Now, onto the pit

Image may contain: Aqua Scuba, Scuba Diving, Diving, Diver, Sports, Sport, Outdoors, Person, Human, Water

Fun for all the family x

Let me just prepare you for this: you will be submerged. The ball pit is unrelenting. As soon as you get in, it will take you. It's incredibly fun but also kind of terrifying. You fall over constantly and every time you do you think you will never resurface. Balls cover your vision. You're laughing but also thinking "imagine if I died in this ball pit? How shit would it be if someone had to tell my mum that I died in a ball pit?".

Don't worry, it's totally safe. You're actually only waist in deep balls, I'm just a drama queen with bad balance. When you're standing you'll end up throwing balls at your mates and they'll probably tackle you into the pit. It's a strangely intimate experience. Plus being grabbed by your friend and dragged out of the burial of balls feels like being born again.

There's about enough space for around 20 people to comfortably wade around in this luminous ball pit. You'll probably manage a good 15 mins within the balls until you have to pull yourself out because you're suspiciously sweaty. Honestly fuck Zumba, this shit is the real work out.

However, you can return as many times as you want in the night and you will want to return.

Image may contain: Animal, Fish, Photography, Portrait, Photo, Aquatic, Head, Underwater, Outdoors, Face, Nature, Water

SUBMERGENCE

Basically, Ballxrs is great if you're looking for a place to go before heading off to Kasbah, or for staying the whole night. You could even try and sleep in the ball pit if you wanted to.

Anyway, go forth and have fun pulling yourself free from the clutches of those balls!