Image may contain: Bottle, Party, Person, People, Human

All the things you’ll know if you lived in Liberty Point

The king of Cov Uni halls

Maybe you lived in Liberty, maybe you didn't – but you've definitely heard of it. Or maybe you've seen it across the street from Gosford Sainsbury's and wondered: "Who lives in that monstrosity? It looks like a prison!"

Yeah, it basically is a prison. But we still believe it was the best, wildest and most ridiculous Cov Uni hall of all.

If you lived in Liberty there are things you understand which other halls residents could never comprehend.

If you want to better understand Liberty Point as an outsider, you're gonna have to read on. And if you actually do live in Liberty, or used to live there, many of these things will sound very familiar.

The true heart of Liberty Point is the Alley

If you're a Liberty resident you'll know all about Liberty Point's infamous alley and all the stories that go along with it. A haven for the smokers of Liberty Point, the alley unites all who cross it's path.

Even if you have never visited it yourself, you have probably heard legends about this place and the surprising amount of love people have for it.

Despite its formidable appearance (including the broken glass that lines the walls and floor) it's a great place to chill with friends away from the prying eyes of security and it's probably used more frequently than the actual common room.

Image may contain: Urban, Town, Street, Road, City, Building, Alleyway, Alley, Snow, Outdoors, Tree, Plant, Flora, Birch

Sometimes it really feels more like a prison than a uni halls

If the black bars surrounding the accommodation don't already give off that distinctive prison vibe then the security definitely will. You leave home to have some freedom at uni, only to be met with security guards who impose the strictest of rules. They actually asked us to turn the TV down once – in our SIXTH STORY flat.

On top of this, they don't allow guests after 11pm?! How inhumane. This makes pre-drinks at Liberty basically impossible. And what's more, some security guards might actually try and come to Kasbah with you (yes, that actually happened) – talk about weird vibes.

Image may contain: Bottle, Furniture, Couch, Room, Indoors, Classroom, Person, People, Human

Bet the Liberty Point security guards wished they were at this pre's

You form the most unexpected bonds with other Liberty residents

One thing you'll know if you lived in Liberty Point is the complete random mix of people you make friends with. The small accommodation makes for the weirdest of parings. The typical Gym Shark bro and the Comp Sci nerd are such good friends they make breakfast together. The journalism student and physio student are practically brother and sister.

It feels strange to imagine where you would be without your unlikely friend but you're happy to have them. You know what they say – opposites attract! Especially if you live in Liberty Point.

Image may contain: Party, Woman, Girl, Female, Blonde, Person, People, Human

You would literally rather die than experience another 5am fire alarm

Image may contain: Back, Person, People, Human

Ok so this one wasn't at 5am but I swear there actually were some at 5am

Liberty Point is famous for it's 5am fire alarms that you reluctantly trudge downstairs for because somebody in your block decided that it would be a great idea to make toast at stupid o'clock.

What makes matters worse is if you're on the top floor you have to walk down roughly 20 flights of stairs, so if it is a real fire you're pretty much dead anyway.

It gets to a point where you would honestly rather let the fire take you than make that late night pilgrimage again, for the fourth time in a week.

The laundry room was a total joke

The laundry room is a well known hell hole for any Liberty Point resident. Not only does Circuit Laundry charge extravagant prices, but you can never actually wash your own clothes when you want to because all of the machines will be taken or about five of them will be broken.

For a whole year there was a washing machine in Liberty that didn't even have a glass screen – which is a pretty key part of the washing machine if you ask me – so you could just put your hand in the gaping hole at the front of the machine. Luckily no drunk students tried to use it… that we know of, at least.

The lifts were the slowest lifts in arguably the whole of Great Britain

Image may contain: Person, People, Human

Lift takes so damn long you've gotta take selfies to pass the time

Liberty Point has a reputation for its lifts and how they are always broken. Literally ALWAYS. And you're in for a real work out if you live on the top floor and the lift is, as it always is, broken.

Even when it isn't broken it takes about ten years to arrive and then another ten years to take you to the fourth floor. You know that you could have walked it in the time that you waited, but you're just too lazy to try.

And sometimes if you're really unlucky you might even come across some drunken idiot's vomit in the lift from the night before. Charming.