This is your go-to Valentine’s Day gift based on your Cardiff Uni course

Good luck to anyone dating a business management student

With less than two weeks to go until Valentine’s Day, some of us still need to get started on the gift hunting for that special someone. If you’re short on ideas then fear not – we’ve carefully matched a number of university courses to some romantic gifts that we feel really capture the essence of the people taking those subjects. And for anyone doing computer science or physics, we love you really.

Medicine

Take some inspo from all the bouquets your patients receive in the wards and get your partner some flowers. They’re usually a guaranteed success and we all know that you’re big people pleasers at heart. Plus, at least if your partner has an allergic reaction to them then you’ll know exactly what to do…we hope.

English Language and Literature

Don’t let all that Shakespeare and Austen analysis go to waste; pour your heart out to your s/o by writing them a card. It could be a romantic sonnet, the first chapter of your love story, or just a simple ‘Happy Valentine’s Day’ – use those words people.

Journalism, Media and Culture

JOMEC is like a box of chocolates: you never know what kind of student you’re gonna get. Every single one of you is taking that course for completely different reasons, so a box of chocolates with lots of flavours on offer should please most of you.

Engineering

Let’s be real, you guys definitely buy yourselves Lego sets all year round anyway, so let us introduce you to the romantic sets Lego has to offer for this exact occasion. Bouquets, succulents, and even a pair of little love birds – whether your partner even likes Lego is irrelevant, you were probably going to build it for them anyway.

Computer Science or Physics

We could have gone down the nerdy route like we usually do for computer science/physics jokes and make a jab that you probably don’t even have partners to buy for, but we feel like you guys deserve an article off just this once. You would probably choose a teddy bear to cuddle…seeing as you probably won’t be cuddling anyone else on Feb 14th. Sorry, we just couldn’t resist.

Law

Cold, tough and potentially worth a lot of money: you guys just scream jewellery.

Modern Languages

You’ve taken the time to learn another language so that you can understand and interact with others from around the world. You clearly care a lot about people, so you would probably buy your partner something personalised or custom made just to show them how much you love them. Aww.

Business Management or Economics

All these years studying how to make pots of money, but you don’t fool us. We know just what you’ll buy your s/o: nothing. Better start coming up with a good excuse now guys.

Psychology

Using your partner as a living case study, force them to do a variety of random date ideas with you from your very own date box. You can analyse their reactions to choosing certain activities and record how they behave on each date. Plus the dates are colour-coded – it should be right up a psychology student’s street.

Midwifery

Not in a weird way, but you guys will be spending a fair amount of your careers getting various women out of their pants. If a midwife can’t appreciate a good set of underwear then no one can, so we can totally see you buying your partner a sexy set of underwear for a steamy night in.

Chemistry

A smelly liquid in a container (aka a bottle of perfume) just has “chemistry student” written all over it. If you really wanted to go the extra mile, maybe you could brew your own personalised scent in the lab for your partner, just make sure you get all your measurements right.

Geography or Geology

You guys love nature and the outside, so it’s only right that you get your s/o something along those lines. Forget pretty gemstones and healing crystals, you want your partner to have something far more robust and practical. Something like…a literal pet rock. Yes, you heard us: a small pebble with googly eyes stuck onto it. It’s so nice to see a happy couple start a family. All you have to do next is agree on a name.

And for everyone asking “Where’s my course?” and “How come they never include our course?”, you guys can have a romantic ready meal for one available from your local supermarket. Bon appétit!

Recommended articles by this writer: